Job Vacancy Advertisement: Programme Coordinator
The Olof Palme International Center is recruiting a Programme Coordinator that will monitor projects and support organizations in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina and be based in Belgrade. The Programme Coordinator will facilitate the cooperation between the meber organizations of the Olof Palme International Center and their partner organizations in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina and monitor that their projects are in in accordance with our goals, strategies and policies. The Programme Coordinator will be based in the Belgrade office of the Palme Center and travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina at least 5 to 10 days a month.
The Programme Coordinator will be part of a team working with Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina together with a Programme Manager based in Stockholm, Sweden. The Programme Coordinator reports to the Head of Division East based in Stockholm.
The Programme Coordinator works with the Programme Manager to ensure that the Olof Palme International Center’s projects in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are carried out in accordance with our goals, strategies and policies and to support the capacity building of the partner organizations.
• Conduct field visits and monitor implementation of projects;
• Collect, file and forward interim and annual reports from partner organizations, ensuring all documentation is in order;
• In coordination with the Programme Manager, discuss and document partner organizations’ results, strengths and weaknesses as well as capacity building needs;
• Support the Programme Manager in developing and presenting capacity building initiatives with the partner organizations;
• Follow development in the two countries and write reports with updates on current events to the Olof Palme International Center;
• Maintain and develop partnerships with relevant actors and organizations;
• Give logistic support to the Olof Palme International Center´s Swedish member organisations and programme manager during their visits and assist with logistics, practical details and translation for meetings, visits, travel and conferences organised by the Olof Palme International Center.
• Previous experience of working with a Human Rights Based activism;
• University Degree in relevant field, preferably with some formal education in political science or social science;
• Minimum of three years work experience in similar position with an international NGO and/or national NGO working with democracy and human rights;
• Proven understanding of project management tools ( LFA, RBM);
• Excellent analytical and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to cooperate with colleagues in a team and with relevant actors;
• Fluency in written and spoken Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and English;
• Very good computer skills and understanding of information technology;
• Driving license;
• Extensive experience from working in
• Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates should submit their CV, a brief cover letter in English and two references to the Olof Palme International Center by email to email@example.com.
Questions regarding the position are answered by Fredrik Lindahl, Head of Division East, firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 677 57 23
The deadline for applying is 20th of March 2013.
Interviews will take place in late March 2013 in Belgrade
Competitive salary dependant on experience is applied.
Please note that incomplete files will not be considered.