Handbook: How to run a trade union
This handbook is for all of you who want to organise a union at your workplace. And for those who are already organised and want to learn more about the practical ways to get the most out of trade union activities. It provides practical information for everyday activities and describes democratic trade union ideology, labour rights and the need for global cooperation.
What you will learn
The handbook covers the following areas:
- Organize, organize, organize!
- The democratic meeting
- Building trust
- Learning to grow
- Communication: the tools in our hands
- Representing everyone?
- The informal economy: A union challenge
- Cooperating across borders
- The union: A political force
- Working with human rights